Important Notice About Your Use of Monkey Mometer
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT YOUR USE OF THE MONKEY MOMETER
Personal information we collect
When used in this Privacy Statement, the term “personal information” means any information that identifies an individual. If the personal information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, your personal information includes biometric (face) images and health data stored in and generated by our facial recognition and temperature scanning Monkey Mometer system (the “system”). The system is installed at PPG premises throughout sites across Australia (the “premises”) and may authenticate your identity and check your temperature each time you enter the premises.
Why we need to collect and use your information
We collect data from the system to serve a legitimate and reasonable purpose. The digital image of your face you give to us will be stored and used by the system so that we can:
- Verify your identity using facial detection and recognition technology in order to provide secure access to the premises;
- Check your body temperature is within a normal range to confirm that you do not have a fever, as a further condition of granting you access or if your body temperature is not within a normal range, deny you access and follow our health protocols ; and
- Log your attendance and time spent at the premises.
How we share and store your information
We take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information and limit the disclosure of data stored in and generated by, the system. However, we do need to disclose or transfer your data in certain instances and mainly to the following recipients:
- The PPG operational supervisor responsible for monitoring and managing the system;
- The PPG IT personnel responsible for monitoring and managing the system
- Our People and Culture personnel, WHS personnel and other staff as reasonably required to meet our health and safety obligations, including in relation to COVID 19;
- Other trusted third parties, for the express purpose of securely processing and storing your personal information. If we transfer your data to other countries, we take reasonable steps to ensure applicable laws are being followed.
Data about your attendance and time spent at the premises is also retained as part of your employment record.
You give us your consent to collect, use and store your personal information as set out in this Privacy Statement. Unless you provide your consent, we will not be able to provide you with access to the premises via the system, and will need to implement manual procedures. This consent remains valid for as long you remain an employee or authorised contractor or visitor of PPG requiring access to the PPG premises.
For more information on our COVID 19 health and safety requirements, please refer to our Covid 19 Work, Health, Safety Policies on our intranet.
For a PDF copy of this article, click <here>